- SEP 7, 2017
Lyndra, Inc. and Allergan Sign a Partnership to Develop Ultra-Long Acting Oral Products
Companies will collaborate to create products dosed once-weekly for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
- AUG 29, 2017
- MAY 2, 2017
- APR 13, 2017 - Xconomy BostonLyndra’s Long-Acting Drug Delivery Technology Lands $23M Investment
Drug delivery startup Lyndra has developed technology that it says can make capsules in extended-release formulations that could go far longer than a day. Now, as the Watertown, MA-based company prepares to test its technology in clinical trials, it has raised $23 million in a Series A round of financing.
- APR 13, 2017 - Business WireLyndra, Inc. Raises $23 Million in Series A Financing to Advance Ultra-Long Acting Oral Therapeutic Delivery
Lyndra, Inc. announced today the closing of a $23 Million Series A financing, led by Polaris Partners, with participation from Quark Venture and GF Securities, Yonghua Capital, Healthlink Capital, Partners Healthcare, Suffolk Equity and others. The company’s novel therapeutic oral delivery platform has the potential to transform patient care by improving therapeutic efficacy, reducing side effects, and generating cost-savings to patients and healthcare systems.
- APR 13, 2017 - Boston Business JournalWatertown's Lyndra nabs $23M to bankroll long-lasting pill tech
Lyndra, a Watertown biotech that is seeking to make pills last longer with fewer side effects, has closed a $23 million Series A round as it prepares to launch first-in-human trials later this year.
- APR 13, 2017 - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology NewsLyndra Raises $23M in Series A to Progress Ultra-Long-Acting Oral Drug Delivery Tech
Oral drug delivery firm Lyndra raised $23 million in a Series A financing round led by Polaris Partners.
- APR 13, 2017
- NOV 17, 2016 - The TimesLong-lasting pill to replace daily dose
People may no longer need to take daily tablets to treat chronic medical conditions after the development of a pill that releases its drugs over two weeks.
- NOV 16, 2016 - The GuardianLong-lasting pill that releases malaria drug for two weeks a 'game-changer'
Pioneering slow-release pill could end repeat doses and help Alzheimer’s patients and mass treatment campaigns
- NOV 16, 2016 - Boston Business JournalHow a small Watertown biotech is trying to make oral drugs last longer
A Watertown biotech led by Polaris Partners’ Amy Schulman got a boost on Wednesday with the release of a study backing the effectiveness of its technology, which can make oral drug dosages last longer.
- NOV 16, 2016 - FierceBiotech'Ultralong-acting' pill delivers malaria drug for 14 days
An ingested capsule designed for “ultralong-acting” drugs was able to deliver a controlled release of a malaria drug to pigs for up to 14 days, MIT scientists found. The technology, developed at MIT and Lyndra, could improve patient adherence in various indications and slash health costs.
- NOV 16, 2016
LYNDRA SCIENTISTS DEVELOP ULTRA LONG-ACTING ORAL DRUG DELIVERY PLATFORM
Lyndra, a healthcare company developing ultra long-acting oral drug delivery technologies, announced the publication of a scientific paper describing its novel technology in one of its earliest applications.
- OCT 3, 2016
Lyndra White Paper on Adherence to Medication
C. Everett Koop, the former U.S. Surgeon General, famously said, “Drugs don’t work in people who don’t take them.” Although this is self-evident, it was stimulated by what has been called, “America’s other drug problem” (National Council on Patient Information and Education, 2013). An alarming percentage of people do not, in fact, take their medications as directed.
- DEC 24, 2015 - STATPeople to Watch in Kendall Square: Amy Schulman
Kendall Square — the Cambridge, Mass., hub of biotech, pharma, and MIT — is a hard place to pick just three people to keep an eye on. So much goes on there that affects the greater life science industry: Deals are struck, drugs are discovered, companies are formed — and all that happens within walking distance.
- DEC 13, 2015 - Fox NewsA modern day Thomas Edison
Fox News interviews Lyndra Co-Founder Robert Langer as their Power Player of the Week.
- MAY 27, 2015 - Science Translational MedicineEngineering Precision
Innovations in engineering sciences will play a vital role in delivering precision medicine to the bedside.
- MAR 25, 2015 - MIT Technology ReviewSingle-Dose Cures for Malaria, Other Diseases
Engineering a single pill to take the place of complex dosing regimens could be particularly important for malaria, which often requires multiple drugs over long periods. Failure to follow the right treatment can spread drug resistance, making the disease harder to eradicate.
- MAR 25, 2015 - NatureSpecial delivery for the gut: Biomaterials for a Risky Journey
We challenge the drug-delivery and medical device community to unify their efforts in engineering and biomaterials to develop extended drug-release systems that can be orally delivered, as a novel approach to the prevalent and costly problem of medication non-adherence.
- MAR 13, 2015 - NPRNPR Interview: Robert Langer
Host Jessica Harris talks with Robert Langer, a chemical engineer who has pioneered the fields of drug delivery and tissue engineering.
News & Publications